Comgenie's Awesome File Manager
Comgenie's Awesome File Manager allows you to manipulate files on your PS3's internal drive and any connected external drives. It allows you to delete, copy, move & rename files and folders.
How to >4GB file backupping (need at least 0.03).
All files/folders copied from the internal disk (like /dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/) to the external disk (/dev_usb .. ) which are larger than 4GB will be splitted in multiple parts. When copying the files back from external to internal, those files will be merged again.
Note: You still can't play games with >4GB files from the external directly! But now you can at least backup and restore them.
Help, My files i copied to the external drive are not visible on my pc?
The files are marked as system files, which Windows will hide by default. Go to Tools > Folder options. Click the box next to "Show hidden files and folders" to enable it. Then disable the "Hide protected operation system files" by unchecking the box next to it.
Help, It won't copy
On the screen you'll see 2 directory listings. The yellow one is your 'active' one. You can browse through them with the D-PAD and enter directories with the X. When you press the copy button, the selected file or directory will be copied to the other current folder of the other directory listing. So make sure the other directory listing is always in the correct folder (index of /dev_usb000 for your external drive).
- Added move support for faster moving files/directories instead of copy/delete.
- Added very basic LUA support (only string/math libs + echo function). Expect much more functions to be supported in next releases
- Several fixes for (again) people with different screens!
- 0.05b hotfix: Longer names than 10 characters are now supported
- Added Confirmation Windows to prevent accidently copy and delete.
- Added filesize information
- Added Comgenie's Awesome Filesplitter (Windows)
- Added Creation of new folders
- Added Renaming of files/folders
- More fixes for different screens
- Color highlight of the selected file
- Fix for different (SD) screens (bigger text on lower resolutions). Now the top bar is visible and text is always readable
- Added a copying progress text (which also fixed the hanging!)
- Added retrying on I/O errors while copying
- Added an about text
- Fixed several other minor bugs
- Added Scrolling
- Added Non-empty folder deletion
- Added a security option (Normal Mode/Advanced mode) where normal mode will only allow write access in /usb_dev and /usb_hdd0/game.
- Added the ability to backup up files over 4GB to external (explanation below)
- Fixed a hang-bug with folders with many files
- Added directory copying
- Added empty directory removal
- Faster copy speeds
- Initial version