Note: PSHomebrew.net does not encourage or condone piracy. You should only use this software to make legal backups of games you own.
Gaia Manager is a backup manager. As of version 2.00 it supports CFW 3.55 and includes the lv2 patch code. It is no longer being developed.
The download archive has three different versions of Gaia manager for you to choose from. Each version will install games to a different folder (if you refuse to install games in the install directory, which is recommended).
Each version and the folder it will install to is listed below:
- UP0001-GAIA01985_00-7679866932773369-GAMES.pkg - dev_hdd0/Games (Recommended)
- UP0001-GAIA01985_00-7679866932773369-GAMEZ.pkg - dev_hdd0/GAMEZ
- UP0001-GAIA01985_00-7679866932773369-BDRIPS.pkg - dev_hdd0/BDRIPS
- Additionally, if you select 'YES' at the first prompt when first running Gaia Manager your games will install to: dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/games (Not recommended as you will lose all your backups if you remove Gaia Manager)
V2.07 (3.55 CFW only)
- Enabled discless on syscall36
- Changed syscall36 implementation, from two payloads to only one payload (https://github.com/drizztbsd/syscall36)
V2.06 (3.55 CFW only)
- Change HV_SIZE size to ~3.4MB, it should make no crash anymore Gaia Manager on startup...
- Fix 8001003D and 8001003E errors (such as in Fifa 11)
V2.05 (3.55 CFW only)
- Add syscall36 support from 2 anonymous people, discless mode is NOT working anymore...
- It should never crash inside games now.
- Use harcoded payload (less crashes)
- Reminder: Gaia Manager has the Sony logs cleanup since October 2010 and it's always active and working...
V2.04 (3.55 CFW only)
- added stability and removes the ability to direct boot (due to it not working properly any ways).
V2.02 (3.55 CFW only)
- I changed the payload loader function, it should work also for people with problem with old Gaia.
V2.01 (3.55 CFW only)
- It does not try to load the syscall every time you start Gaia Manager, but only the first time. that should be fix some crashes when reopening Gaia Manager.
- It's reported that if the PS3 crashes sometimes you will need to do an hard power off / power on (detaching cable and reataching).
V2.00 (3.55 CFW only)
- Built for CFW 3.55 (with peek & poke support), integrate lv2 patching support (so, no need to use lv2.pkg). You need to remove old Gaia Manager from XMB before installing it
- Fix network shutdown. It's needed to properly shutdown the network when you exit to XMB or when you launch an homebrew.
- Fix Direct Boot and Homebrew launch
- Add support of left analog stick to scroll the game list
- Fix some bugs in weltall code. Upgrade as soon as possible and do NOT use V1.03!
- Fix permissions if directory has 0700 as file mode (on internal hard disk). it fix the ftp permission problem with pl3
- Increase max device number from 3 to 5
- Automatically modify PARAM.SFO to enable remote play in game. © FunzZy
- Added german language strings © evostar
- Add a better, transparent HIGHLIGHT.PNG (courtesy of klutsh)
- Add a patch from weltall to get the system version instead of harcoding 3.41 (useful to play new games with old firmwares
- Add cleanup function to remove the list of the games played. That list is sent to Sony
- Updated French translation, thanks foX aCe
- Automatic cover downloading (with SQUARE)
- Backup BDVD button assigment removed, you had to use CIRCLE on first entry <-tested OK
- Add support for pixel blending for PNG alpha support
- Changed logo (thanks traumakom)
- Removed version inside gaia manager and added to XMB information box
- Automatically fix PARAM.SFO with PS3_SYSTEM_VERSION > 3.41
- Fix IP string when PS3 is disconnected from the network
- Show TITLE ID above the cover
- Re-add disc_less mode in pl3 (but this time it works)
- Fix mem patching on Hermes (now it's enabled ONLY on game launching)