Talk:PS3 Backup Compatibility List
New 4.21 CFW
I'm guessing that the new firmware release is being ignored for now. if nobody objects presently, (and if I remember ;-;) I will alter the main page to mention 3.55 specifically until issues arise with compatibility on newer CFWs. --Popman (talk) 19:20, 26 October 2012 (CDT)
- The new Rogero 4.21 is stable. This will be the new baseline CFW for PSHomebrew and the compatibility list (until a 4.25 or higher CFW is released). Eventually True Blue & DEX columns will be removed (though not for a few months). In a couple of weeks the 3.55 fix recommendations will be removed. I expect new CFW's to be released quite frequently so soon the compatibility list will just assume the latest CFW. --Admin (talk) 02:12, 27 October 2012 (CDT)
ok then. so anyone reading this should avoid editing the compatibility of games that work on 4.21 CFW. (right now I'm just updating the notes section when I find a game that needs to be on external or internal) --Popman (talk) 16:51, 28 October 2012 (CDT)
How to make Final Fantasy XIII working with DirectBoot?
According to this list, FF XIII can work with DirectBoot. I want to make in-game screenshots of FF XIII, that's why I need DirectBoot.
As of now, I'm not able to find any way to make it work on DirectBoot with Multiman (I'm on version 2.07).
Can someone help me to make it work? I know it's not a forum, but since it's a compatibility list...
Japanese game title corruption
hi there, i found this edit "http://www.pshomebrew.net/w/index.php?title=PS3_Backup_Compatibility_List&oldid=2852" has corrupted the japanese game title names, it becomes ??????????, would admin or someone help to fix it? thx.
it's a Unicode error in your browser or text renderer. they can also show up as blank squares. install foreign language support or update your operating system to a more advanced version --Popman (talk) 16:53, 21 September 2012 (CDT)
Actual retail disc copy backup vs scene rip distinction
I really think people should mention if they are using a real retail disc for the backup or using a scene image, there can and WILL cause a lot of confusion; that hot shot golf game has a comment about a possible bad scene rip. A decision will have to be made about this.. Are scene rips going to be allowed or not? This is already a big legal issue and, like i said, could lead to lots of confusion and misreports..--Shuri 11:35, 23 January 2011 (CST)
- No scene rips or anything related to piracy allowed. Any additions to the list that reference pirated copies will be removed. --Admin 12:36, 23 January 2011 (CST)
Remove Discless Column?
A lot of backup managers (well, 2 i noticed at least) seem to be eschewing Discless Mode claiming it doesn't work that well anyways, it seems pointless to maintain an obsolete listing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wilson (talk • contribs)
- I know that some people use backup managers on consoles with broken BD drives, leaving them with no other options to play their games. So far I've had a disc inside all the time for the sake of compatibility, but if you don't want to test discless mode with all games you could just leave the field blank for someone else to fill out; it's a wiki after all. Exactly because the feature doesn't work so well this is very useful information for those who need it. Now, if the multiMAN developer also decided also remove the feature, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, seeing as this list is only targeting two loaders. --Elder 07:58, 25 January 2011 (CST)
- multiMAN seems to be removing it as well. However it is still useful as you said for people with broken BD drives. It should stay for the moment but I'll add a notice saying it only works on certain versions of Gaia/multiMAN. --Admin 08:16, 25 January 2011 (CST)
Renaming Headings 'Standard External' to 'External USB' and 'Alternate External' to 'BD-Mirror'
This would be more consistent with how it's referred to in multiMAN. I'm new here so not sure if the list is for Gaia Manager also, which I don't use. So this rename may not be compatible/agreeable with Gaia, in which case 'Alternate Ext' could be renamed 'Alt-Ext/BD-Mirror'.
- Done. And the list is only for multiMAN now (Gaia has been discontinued) --Admin 04:29, 19 May 2011 (CDT)
I noticed a vandal changed the list. He added a lot of skulls and deleted some information. I corrected some but everyone should be careful when checking a game as he might have changed some of them. Please,everyone do your best and in due time the list will be as it was before. Nickas14 09:13, 1 July 2011 (CDT)
- Any edit can be instantly reverted, it's not a huge problem. Elder 06:54, 30 June 2011 (CDT)
- Ok it can, but someone had already made another change and it couldn't be reverted. Nickas14 10:24, 30 June 2011 (CDT)
What does External Cache mean?
Does that mean the install data that a game puts on the internal HDD? Kayot 17:49, 18 July 2011 (CDT)
- It means games with files over 4GB that can be played on an external drive with the 4GB+ files cached to the internal drive. Admin 13:11, 19 July 2011 (CDT)
Test BD-Mirror if External already works?
If a game works on External should BD-Mirror still be tested or is it pointless as the game already works from External without any need of a BD-Mirror? Kayot 17:56, 19 July 2011 (CDT)
- It's not needed. Admin 22:49, 19 July 2011 (CDT)
Breaking the mold
May I break the PS3 Backup Compatibility List into sections based on their alphabetical orientation? Right now in order to edit a game the whole list gets edited. Kayot 18:11, 22 July 2011 (CDT)
- +1 please do that! I also considered doing this, but since I cleaned up the code back in the day (two lines per game, not 10 or so), I did not come around to that. you have my sword! I also wanted to use annotations for recurring problems/notes so the redundancy gets reduced. But that's more complex which could be harder to explain and is harder to use, which might result in more work. So it depends. Gdkags 06:50, 27 July 2011 (CDT)
- Go ahead. I'll help when I have time. Admin 14:37, 27 July 2011 (CDT)
- Working on it now, will take some time. I'm going to make a program to help align some of the entries for better editing. Kayot 22:21, 27 July 2011 (CDT)
Adding game id and ebootmod to the list.
Some one has ask me to add game id to the list and I thank that is a good idea. Also ebootfix make's a package file for install as ebootmod is just for 3.56 games. Now it might be that ebootmod works on all game and should just be part of the notes. So it is alot of work to add these so let me know what you thank. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Royusmc (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Remember to test your changes on a new page (e.g BCL Test Page before adding them to the actual list. -Admin 12:08, 21 September 2011 (CDT)
3.60 Specific Games
I think they should be taken out of the list (until a time when they can be run (obviously discounting the few that were managed because of 3.50 signed updates)) for example White Knight Chronicles 2, is listed working on Internal and External, but is a 3.60 game and I haven't seen anything about this game working on jailbroken consoles, especially since it doesn't even list the game ID number, and gives no explanation as to how it's able to be run. 188.8.131.52 18:43, 8 October 2011 (CDT)
- I'd prefer to keep them there as most people are unaware what firmware a game requires. I have changed WKC2 to clarify that the US/EU versions do not work. -Admin 03:51, 9 October 2011 (CDT)
Why is it that some games have true blue marked as yes and everything else is no
If true blue is yes and everything else is no then what does that mean exactly? I thought true blue made it so games work if they are 3.56 or higher. So even with true blue, it still doesn't work?
Page for ripping game files
Save Space On Drive. I'm putting this here since the source of some of the rips on the page were from here. also, it might be a helpful source of information. --Popman (talk) 11:01, 23 September 2012 (CDT)
May I ask, if this compatibility list is for 4.xx CFWs, why is there an eboot fix column??
eboot fixes are not needed for 4.xx CFWs.